On Sunday 4th of October, Buncrana welcomed a tour of over forty visitors from Nottingham, England. The tour was organised by Silverdale Coaches in conjunction with Inishowen Tourism. The relationship between Silverdale Coaches and Inishowen Tourism was established after members of Inishowen Tourism, Donegal Tourism and local councillors attended the 2015 St. Patrick’s Day Parade in Nottingham. Thus, a reciprocal visit was organised. Another important factor that helped facilitate this event was due to the owner of Sliverdale Coaches; John Doherty was originally from the Inishowen area. During their stay in Inishowen at the Inishowen Gateway Hotel the visitors;
- Enjoyed a guided tour around the Inishowen Peninsula taking in some of its most scenic and majestic views along The Wild Atlantic Way/Inishowen 100 route,
- Visited the Donegal County Council chamber along with a morning reception with some of its members,
- Day trip to the Daniel O’Donnell Centre in Dungloe,
- Quality time exploring Buncrana and its surrounding area,
- Tour of Derry and shopping
Overall, the visitors from Nottingham had an enjoyable trip to the area and could not praise enough the helpful staff at the hotel and the friendliness of the Inishowen people. We look forward to seeing them and Silverdale Coaches return here in the near future.